Causes we care about
True sustainability is total transparency. Knowing that no route is perfect but committing to continuous improvements.
We currently work with 80% recycled silver and 100% Fairmined gold vermeil, and phasing out a small product range made from 12k gold which isn’t traceable. By keeping a small amount of stock in house, the majority of our products are custom made to order. This helps us to reduce waste and stay true to the slow fashion revolution.
This year we proudly partnered with Just One Tree who are regrowing rainforests in some of the earth’s most vulnerable ecosystems. By planting trees and using mostly UK-based suppliers, we are actively bringing down our carbon footprint. All of our packaging is made from recycled paper with eco friendly ink, which we encourage you to reuse or recycle again.
The artisanal and small-scale mining sector employs approximately 42 million people and more than 150 million people worldwide depend on this activity to make a living. Companies that choose 100% recycled gold are disengaging from urgent needs in their supply chain.
Fairmined is an assurance label that certifies gold from empowered responsible artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) organizations. The Fairmined initiative was created by the Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM) and represents an important development opportunity for artisanal and small-scale miners all around the world.
Through the Fairmined standard, they promote responsible mining, helping miners to improve their practices and generate change in their communities, and facilitate access to fair markets. Fairmined transforms mining into an active force for good, contributing to an institutional, social and environmentally sustainable development.
In reaction to this we believe it is important to work in both Fairmined and recycled metals. Buying from us means you are not only supporting an independent UK business to grow, but voting to improve trade standards and the lives of miner families across the world.
For more information visit the Fairmined website
- Committed to using recycled silver and gold when possible
- Reusing gemstones and ethically-sourcing those that are new
- Using Fairmined gold vermeil which supports ethical mining
- Eco printing on recycled paper for all of our packaging
- Using high quality reusable boxes and bags made from recycled paper and cotton
- Planting one tree for every sale to actively bring down our carbon footprint
- Working with UK suppliers
- Committed to being a fair wage employer
- Recycling everything we encounter in our practice
- Using renewable energy suppliers in our workshop
- Using a made-to-order system that reduces unnecessary waste
This list is adapting and growing.